We are looking for an addition to our small but growing team to take on a developing role within the business. We are a small business offering business services, mostly accounting and bookkeeping services, to small owner managed businesses and sole traders. We would like to hire someone with good practice experience to ensure client work is completed to high standard, on-time and within budget.
Part-time 20 hours (minimum) per week over at least 4 days between 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch break.
We mainly work with the following systems for client work:
Experience of Xero or a similar cloud accounting system is preferable but not a requirement.
We provide the following services to our clients:
- Annual Accounts and Corporation Tax
- VAT Returns
- Management Accounts
- Fully or Part-Qualified ACA or ACCA
- At least 3 years practice experience
- Experience managing or supervising staff
- The ability to work quickly and methodically with an eye for detail
- An interest in helping small businesses
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel abilities
- You will be a professional sociable friendly person who is happy to lead meetings with new and existing clients
- Happy to work in a small team
- Initially we will need assistance with Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax and Self Assessment
- On-going the role will be more involved and you will manage each client and all services that we provide to them
- You will be assisted by our two assistant accountants
- You will be in charge of working on the more complex accounting and tax requirements and queries and therefore a good technical knowledge in Accounting and/or Self Assessment is preferred.
- You will need to ensure work is prepared within budget and in reasonable time before the deadlines
- You will meet with potential and existing clients as required
There is the opportunity to increase your hours with a view to being full-time.